Finally got around to sewing up the slimbag for the Doublecross. It was about time, since Ragnarok is coming up in a few days and I wanted to have it done by then. The last bag I made was a team effort with coach Mom at my parents house using mom's fancy machine. I figured it'd be nice to have a sewing machine at my house, so over the winter we dug my grandmothers mid-century Singer out from the dust and I proceeded to give it a little TLC and refubishing. It's not a showpiece by any standard but it lays down a solid straight stitch and it does it well.
Despite checking and double checking my velcro layout, I still managed to screw up two of them and didn't notice until all the sewing was finished. Thankfully, I came up with a feasible work-around and didn't have to rip the bag apart.
Oooh, note the fancy reflective piping on the trash pocket. Too bad I forgot to sew it into the zipper on the other side.
Look closely and you can also see the stem/handlebar "feed trough" bag I slapped together a couple of months ago.
Carrying capacity of the finished Slimbag is; 1 liter of water, a wind vest, a tube, 1 PB banana burrito and a snack bag stash of endurance athlete drugs (ibuprofen, rolaids, chamois butter, etc.)