Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sewing - Frame Bag #2

Finally got around to sewing up the slimbag for the Doublecross.  It was about time, since Ragnarok is coming up in a few days and I wanted to have it done by then.  The last bag I made was a team effort with coach Mom at my parents house using mom's fancy machine.  I figured it'd be nice to have a sewing machine at my house, so over the winter we dug my grandmothers mid-century Singer out from the dust and I proceeded to give it a little TLC and refubishing.  It's not a showpiece by any standard but it lays down a solid straight stitch and it does it well.  





Despite checking and double checking my velcro layout, I still managed to screw up two of them and didn't notice until all the sewing was finished.  Thankfully, I came up with a feasible work-around and didn't have to rip the bag apart.


Oooh, note the fancy reflective piping on the trash pocket.  Too bad I forgot to sew it into the zipper on the other side.


Look closely and you can also see the stem/handlebar "feed trough" bag I slapped together a couple of months ago.  

Carrying capacity of the finished Slimbag is; 1 liter of water, a wind vest, a tube, 1 PB banana burrito and a snack bag stash of endurance athlete drugs (ibuprofen, rolaids, chamois butter, etc.)


1 comment:

  1. So nice. I really need to get one. I packed my jacket and water proof gloves in my osprey today and it gets a little bulky. It would be nice to be able to stash that stuff somewhere out of the way. I really like the trash pocket. I need to get something together for the Almanzo...

    ReplyDelete